Monday, February 17, 2014

21 Week Bumpdate & The Strange Miracle of Pregnancy


Hello Readers! 

I sure do appreciate all of you! Today I was reminiscing on how different my life is now that we are expecting. It is something pre-preggo ladies never truly think about. The change doesn't happen the moment you check-in to the hospital, it starts much earlier than that! 

NO ONE is ever truly ready for pregnancy or for a baby, if it feels right and you believe it is something you can responsibly handle, you just gotta go through with it!  That positive sign is the start to an incredible but STRANGE journey for a First Time Mom (FTM). Whether it is planned or an "oops" the first weeks are generally the same. You are genuinely shocked (this can't possibly be true? let me take 100 more tests to be sure), you are excited, you are beyond terrified (what on earth am I gonna do with a baby??), you are worried (is everything going ok in there?), and somehow you instantly love this tiny little bean that has invaded your abdomen and already, your heart. 

You are over come by feelings and emotions. It is no longer just you, your life is on a speed track to change. There is SO MUCH to think about. I thought the excitement and frenzy would wear off for a while but it gets crazier every day!!

A normal day includes worry (thank goodness the baby kicks and you are reassured that everything is going ok), excitement that trumps anything else in the world (I can't wait to see her!) and thoughts of preparation. Why does a tiny human need so much stuff???? 

I try to remember just 21 weeks back to what I thought about all the time because now all that swirls in my head is thoughts of this little girl. The life I lived is gone, I have taken on a greater responsibility. It is NO longer about me, and that is ok!

I realize now that my life changed the moment I knew that I was carrying a precious little life and it will continue to change every second from here on out. 

What a joy it is to be this little girl's mom already. Pregnancy is a change and the experience is just plain strange (such odd symptoms and there is a baby living in my abdomen... weird!!). This is by far the craziest, most wonderful adventure that I have been on and thanks for reading along during the ride. :)


21 Week Bumpdate


How far along? 

21 weeks and 3 days J Some days this whole pregnancy thing feels like it is creeping by but other times I am surprised by how far we have gotten.

Baby size?

Baby girl is about 10.5 inches and 12.7 ounces. Some of these kicks are so hard you would think she was bigger!!

Total weight gain?

I have gained 3-4 pounds. I am a bit afraid of the pounds piling on in the 3rd trimester but it is all a part of pregnancy!

Maternity clothes?

I have a VERY limited supply. I feel like I wear the same thing everyday. It is a about to get warmer so I will definitely need to find some shorts and t-shirts!

Stretch marks? 

No new ones so far…

Symptoms?

Hunger J

Sleep?

The belly has finally started to bother me when trying to fall asleep. And I basically spend all night getting up to use the restroom.

Best moment this week?

Her kicks are getting much stronger so husband can feel them pretty well if she is kicking outward! (Although she loves kicking down low and on my bladder haha) And we got her bedding that we ordered in… I love it!

Have you told family and friends? 

Yes, everyone knows!

Miss anything?

Nothing really. Except I do kind of miss my former ab strength. It gets hard to get out of bed sometimes!

Movement?

She moves fairly consistently but some days she must want to sleep more because she will stay pretty still, it worries me!! But she always ends up moving some and it puts my heart at ease.

Food cravings?

This week: Steak, potatoes, wings, French fries, ice cream, etc. haha. Bless her heart she just doesn’t like healthy stuff. I hardly ever indulge on these cravings though.

Anything making you queasy or sick?

Nothing I can think of right now.

Have you started to show yet?

Yes! I have a pretty good belly. Maybe people are thinking I am pregnant now and not just a big lunch eater J

Baby is a?

A sweet, precious little girl.


Belly button in or out? 

Even. Crossing my fingers it doesn’t poke out J

Wedding rings on or off? 

On and fitting fine.

Happy or moody most of the time? 

Happy.

Looking forward to?

Starting my online class this week so I can be a smart, successful mommy for my girl!



No comments:

Post a Comment